Friday, August 7, 2015

My CN RS3 Gets Weathered By Chris

Weathering My Canadian National Road Switcher

I purchased this Canadian National RS3 road switcher from my friend, Doug Matheson, last summer.



Bill Scobie custom painted it for Doug.
To see the images in larger format, click on the picture.
To return to the default page, click outside the image.



 Since purchasing this lovely diesel, I've really enjoyed running it on Fred's IPP&W layout although I felt it looked a tad too clean to have been running on the system for some time...so...


I sent my Canadian National RS3 over to the Lyon Valley Northern paint shops for a role reversal.


No...not a new paint job...


Rather, a cool looking weathering job!
My good buddy, Chris at Lyon Valley Northern (Chris Lyon) used the photo by 
Dave Burroughs at the "railpictures" link below for reference.
To visit the page, scroll across the link then right click your mouse and you will be given the option to go there with the "search with google" choice - then click on the first item.
http://www.railpictures.net/photo/270776/


A close-up of the long hood nose.


The short hood.


Roof shot.


I love how the trucks "pop" now that they are weathered.



Some great looking rust along the side panel louvers.


Three-quarter angle of he long hood which will get a bell in due time.


Get a load of the rust on the springs in the trucks.


And the water and dirt stains on the box in underneath.


Roof shot.


Now, I really feel that I'm running a locomotive that has truly experienced life on the high iron for years and years!  Thanks to Chris for an amazing weathering job!

Have a great day everyone!
Mike Hamer - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment