Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Workday Wednesday Fun

 Workday Wednesday Fun

Wednesday, July 14th's forecast indicated showers off and on later in the morning.  When I looked out the window of my home in Alta Vista all I saw was blue sky and lovely white billowing clouds.

"Time to head over to Fred's," I said to myself.  Why?  Because it's "Workday Wednesday"!  But there is something I must confess.  I didn't do any work!  Shhh...don't let anybody know!

Rather, I decided to run my D&H GP38-2 instead.  Seeing as I dispatched last week's session and I'll be in the dispatch booth once again this coming Saturday, I figured I could "get away with" playing instead of working this fine Wednesday morning!  Hehehe!


So...I pulled out that lovely "Large Scale Central" covered hopper to act as a safety valve between my locomotive and a number of hoppers and tankers.  The covered hopper matches perfectly with the colours of the D&H, don't ya think!


Here are the true workers on the day, Fred, Lawrence...


...and skipper Bernie!


Nice shirt Bernie!


But, for now...time to play.


These few images have been "snipped" from the video I will share momentarily.


D&H Extra 7316 is dwarfed by the massive Fallentree Mine complex residing on the ridge above.


The train makes the grade at Brennan Gap with ease.


Another idler car protects the CN caboose brought into service on the tail end of Train 7316.


Lovely railfan video footage of the train's progress.


Say!  How do we get from here...


To there?


Simple...check out this video of Sterling Moss off to the races!


Sterling himself!


Ride 'em cowboy!


This image reminds me so much of a movie I watched many years ago about a fellow who travelled across the United States on his farm tractor!


"A-har maties!" Fred smiles.


Let's check back in on the other two workies!


"D'uh!" Bernie cries out!


 Building the Canadian version of Mount Rushmore...Lawrence is!


 This was after Lawrence had already shored up the slope found recently in Nelson Yard with a support placed beneath the benchwork.


 Ah...that's better...Bernie's all smiles again!


 "That cursed umbrella!" he calls out.


Work video!


 Back to Mike's train.


 We spot Lawrence hard at work beneath Bell as D&H Extra 7316 snakes out from the small yard in Glen Hammond.


 Heading for Bellamy.


The tail end.


 7316 video along the mainline.


It's a well deserved rest for these three tireless workers!
Your efforts are greatly appreciated by the masses.

Looking forward to Saturday's standard gauge session when it will be "diesel time" along the IPP&W and RP&M!
All the best, Mike Hamer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment