Sunday, June 20, 2021

Happy Father's Day

Pat's Pics

Pat has sent along these fabulous pics from this past Saturday's train running.  He is also the author of the captions.

As always, you can enlarge the images by clicking on them and shrink them by clicking outside them.


 First time my Annie is poking its head out at Fred's this year. I have run it on tracks at home. More on that at a later date!


Pat's Annie meets Paul Anderson's.  (if you look closely, you can see Paul hiding behind the tree on the right) 


 Picture of the passenger train, run by Paul, going around the curve at Lily.  We recognize that mysterious railfan! 


 I was dropping off the last of my cars (stock cars) at the barn!


After going up to Firgrove to turn my Annie and the caboose, I headed back through Bell junction on a path to rebuild my train at Nelson Yard. 


Here I am seen traversing the lonely tracks at Bell.


 I suspect that my pilot wheels did me in at Wellington Lake. I can't blame the switch as it was thrown properly. 


An over/under situation at Mount St-Helens and Hayes Falls.


 Picking up stock cars as I start rebuilding my train for my eventual return trip to Craig Leigh. 


It's so nice to see the structures back in place on the railroad once again!


 I run around my train in Nelson yard in order to place my caboose on the front end of my locomotive, a move that will allow me to pick up the remaining cars at Lily. 


Going under the Bernie Tunnel and then over Lawrence's new Trestle!


She's a beauty of a bridge, Lawrence!


The facilities on the "island" located just past the gut.


Hauling back!


Blockhouse, a structure from long ago, still acts as sentinel in this area!


After rebuilding my train in Nelson yard, it's time to head to Spruce and beyond. We start by crossing the Fred Mills Trestle. 


That would be, "Two bridges for the price of a single image!"


Here's my locomotive...but...where is the rest of my train?


Some low hanging branch just past Clarke's gable caused a derailment... 


...that maintenance of way worker Bernie Goodman had fixed almost immediately!


But where did the rest of the train go?  It rolled backwards down the hill and waited at the crossing! 


 My train, now reassembled, heads back up the hill, clearing the tree with ease thanks to Bernie!


Indeed, great MOW work there, Bernie!


I am able to proceed...


...with my train...


...of precious cargo...


...around the big curve...


...and onward...


...toward Spruce.

To view video of my train rounding the curve following Bernie's handiwork, copy and paste this link into your computer's browser.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AKUaoqWN66GA1DA&cid=4B0BE5524C72C451&id=4B0BE5524C72C451%211388&parId=4B0BE5524C72C451%21272&o=OneUp


I park my train at the ore dock after my first run of the 2021 season!


Paul's passenger train parked at the station.


All the passengers are happy to have reached their destination safely following the inaugural run of the season.


My Annie trying to look cool after a hard day's work (especially the two derailments). 


Paul's locomotive is spotted off in the distance making its way around Craig Leigh from the station terminal onward to Northland before being packed up for the week. 


Here's proud Paul with his cool looking steamer!


Pics of the re-imagined Spruce, including little Clarke's gable.


You've gotta love the neighbourhood look to the area...something Fred had envisioned for some time.


The hosta and spruce add a touch of nature to the landscape around Spruce.


The Mackenzie lumber building, from Spruce, which fell victim to rodent vandalism these past two years. I brought it home to see if I can do some repairs. The foundation is good but I may have to replace a wall and the roof. 

Pat, thank you so much for these lovely images from your excursion around and over the line!  This editor certainly appreciates the contributions from other members of the group!  A job well done!  You're hired!

For the time being, stay safe everyone...and, yes, Happy Father's Day!
All the best, Mike Hamer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment