Saturday, July 9, 2016

Rain Out - Better Today Than Next Weekend!

Rainy Days and Mondays Always Get Me Down!

Looking out my front window, I realized the weather decided to throw a curveball and our ops session for this Saturday morning would have to be postponed.


Ah, well...the lawn needs a good soaking anyway!
Click on any image to expand it and click outside the image to return to the default page.

My wife needed the car to help an elderly neighbour out with a series of shopping chores, so I decided to head down to the basement.
My steam locomotive has its controls beneath the tender.
So I finally got around to cutting an access opening in the side of my carrying case that a neighbour had built for me.
With the steamer's case complete, I repeated the procedure for my diesel locomotive's carrying case.
Job done in no time at all.  Why hadn't I done this earlier?
To get a bit of "train action" I head into the HO layout room.
Where I run a couple of trains.
Then I get excited as I know I'll be visiting Barry's layout in Belleville which starts our "Invasion of Friends 2016" experience.
Here's a shot I took from last year's event at Barry's place.
Then, on Friday, we will be at Fred's place.

Where friends will meet up again.

 And trains will be run.


Where we will all enjoy the camaraderie Garden Scale train running brings.



Seanna just e-mailed me these two pics from this morning when some of the "diehards" made it out for some garden socializing!  Kudos to the gang!   Here is her description.
"Nice and dry under the new canopy.  Sitting around the table, happy to be with friends but grumpy that we can't run trains." 

"Steve is especially grumpy, after we spent the past few days changing couplers and re-wiring the new Annie."
Have a wonderful and wet rainy day everyone!
All the best, Mike Hamer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment