Monday, June 22, 2020

Marcel's Arizona Large Scale Layout

Marcel's Arizona Large Scale Layout


Marcel has sent along some great images of his Arizona based large scale layout.  Here is a description in his own words.  "In some of these pictures, you may have noticed the Saguaro Cactus in my back yard.  My operation is mainly around intermodal traffic therefore the name of my railroad is the Saquaro Hills Intermodal Transportation System.

When I was working at CN freight in Toronto we had an Intermodal Terminal in Brampton commonly called B.I.T. for Brampton Intermodal Terminal, taking the first letter for each word.  My acronym is kind of the same. LOL."

Yes Marcel, "Holy ----" I've checked out your acronym!  Hehehe!   



Marcel tells us that, "Some days you're the windshield and some days you are the bug!"


Marcel's modelling is simply awe-inspiring.  Here is his description of the mine.  "Custom built Old King Coal Mine.  1/24th scale.  Turned out bigger than we expected.  Oh well...live and learn!!!"


Some of Marcel's Canadian equipment.


Looking good!


Nice van.


Still more of Marcel's recently purchased equipment.
Thanks, Marcel, for sharing!
All the best, Mike Hamer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

1 comment:

  1. I add my thanks to Mike's. It's pretty amazing for me to see CN stock in Arizona. Love the caboose, Marcel!

    ReplyDelete