Friday, October 23, 2020

More Pics and Vids From Last Saturday

 More Pics and Vids From October 17th

Thanks to all the gang who have been sending pics and vids my way.  Here are a few more that I shot during our train running time together.


We catch up with Pat's train finishing off the curve outside of Spruce.


Then rolling down Clarke Hill.


With an Ironwood Road buggy on the back end.


Some fun footage of the action.


Marcel follows through Spruce shortly thereafter.


Passing cars in the yard.


Note the French spelling "Canadien National" on the port side of the engine.


Video of Marcel arriving Spruce.


Playing Peekaboo!


Ah...there he is!


Downgrade out from Spruce.


That lovely tail end.


Our passenger train leaves Spruce behind.


Over and under!


You betcha!


A great looking twosome!


Too much fun!


Let's check out that video footage, shall we!


Pat steps out onto the bridge that bears his name over the gap that bears his name.


I guess we could call this one, "Brennan on Brennan!"


Lovely stuff!


Nice video there,
Pat!


Pat appears out from the foliage at Lilly.


Tiptoeing onto the Fred Mills Trestle.


With a fine train in tow!


We
love checking it out.


Marcel is hot on Pat's heels.


The tail end clears the siding switch at Blockhouse.


Cool footage of that
lovely passenger train!


Pat in the pines!


Nicely nestled in!


On approach to the big yard...


...at Nelson.


We check that out
in real time!


Marcel can't wait to get a headlight in his new unit, but we still love the look of that cowl-bodied front!


Looking good,
Marcel!


I've had these old station signs sitting in my garage for the past couple of years.


A neighbour the street over from me was tossing them out in the garbage.


I lugged them home and they have been sitting in my garage ever since...


...until this week when Pat visited me out in the garage when he dropped off his computer stick with pics and videos from last week.  Pat was really interested in them, so I gave him the lot!


I wasn't even aware that the back of some of them also contained signs, albeit faded ones...with this one showcasing a Canadian Pacific train heading to Vancouver.


The final destination of the train listed on this sign is Chicago!


I leave you with no songs today.  However, this is the scene down in Metcalfe outside the garage of our lead singer's country estate.  Yes, I get to look at this wonderful forest as I play lead guitar while making music with my band.  Life is really tough for this retired school teacher!
All the best, Mike Hamer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 

No comments:

Post a Comment